Grad Extern, Gender & Sexuality
Applications are open from April 17, 2017 nd will close on May 17, 2017. Email all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org to the ATTN: of Nu'Rodney Prad
The Graduate Extern reports directly to the Director of Student Engagement to support the development and implementation of programming and training geared towards LGBTQIA+ students, staff and faculty as well as advocating for LGBTQIA+ student groups at Temple University (Queer Student Union, Queer People of Color, and Students for Trans Awareness and Rights).
Lastly, this GE will work with campus administrators, staff, and faculty through serving on campus committees and task forces to ensure that Temple University is trans* inclusive in addition to being informed on trends impacting the LGBQIA community.
Traditionally, this position has assisted in coordinating events such as: National Coming Out Week, Lavender Graduation, Queer Lunches, OuTU, Safe Zone Training, etc.
GRADUATE EXTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, presentation, organization and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, in group settings and with campus partners
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an inclusive, learning and educational environment
- Ability to work occasional evenings
- Experience in organizing and facilitating both large- and small-scale events
- Working knowledge of terms and language related to the LGBTQIA+ community
- Demonstrates an ability to develop and maintain close working relationships with students, faculty and staff
- Willingness to hold space for and nurture students’ social, emotional, and mental well-being through advocacy and general support
- Ability to compassionately relate to others from diverse backgrounds
Interested candidates should visit diversity.temple.edu/gradextern to apply for this position. Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume through the Owlconnect (follow link above). Interviews to be schedule within two weeks following application deadline. Applicants should be available to start working Tuesday August 1, 2017