Name Change PA
Changing Your Name in PA
Steps to Take
- Fill out necessary forms (Click FORMS to access)
- Print all of the forms, including multiple copies of certain forms if needed.
- All necessary signatures must be witnessed and notarized by a Notary Public.
- Make arrangements to have your fingerprints taken.
- File the necessary forms with your local Court of Common Pleas. At this time, you will also submit a set of fingerprints to your local courthouse for transmittal to the Pennsylvania State Police Central Repository.
- Pay the filing fee.
- Make arrangements to publish in your local newspaper a notice of the proposed name change (only if required by your local jurisdiction ' most jurisdictions require this; publication requirements can be waived and records can be sealed for the applicant’s safety.).
- Appear in person before the Court as necessary (most cases involve a hearing).
To learn more, visit: