Information About EOC
ADA Coordinator - Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance
The Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance serves as a focal point of Temple's institution-wide efforts for equal opportunity, equal access and affirmative action, providing direction through information, assistance and complaint investigation.
DRS Grievance Procedure
Although staff attempt to work collaboratively with students in facilitating disability-related services, it is possible that misunderstanding or disagreements may arise. If you have difficulty with academic adjustments approved by Disability Resources, please contact the person who initially made the recommendations. If a disagreement about the appropriateness of recommendations continues, speak with the DRS Director.
Students who are not able to resolve a problem at DRS should request an appointment with the Senior Associate Dean of Students at 215-204-7188. Read the full grievance procedure.
Temple University's Affirmative Action Plan For The Employment Of Persons with Disabilities
Temple University is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and to Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, which requires employers to extend equal employment opportunities to qualified people with disabilities.
If you have a disability and would like to be considered under the affirmative action plan, inform the Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance. Disclosure is voluntary. The information obtained shall be kept confidential, except that (I) supervisors and managers may be informed regarding restrictions on the work or duties of disabled individuals and regarding necessary accommodations; (II) medical and safety personnel may be informed if the condition might require emergency treatment; and (III) government officials investigating Temple's compliance with the Acts shall be informed.
If you would like to be considered under the Affirmative Action Plan for the employment of persons with disabilities, please contact our office at (215) 204-8890, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
For disability accommodations, employees should contact Deirdre Culbreath-Walton, Human Resources at (215) 926-2296, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants in need of disability accommodations, please contact a Human Resources Representative at (215) 204-7174.
Temple University Policies
- Ethnic Intimidation Policy (pdf)
- Nondiscrimination Policy (pdf)
- Policy on Preventing and Addressing Discrimination and Harassment (pdf)
- Sexual Assault Policy: Preventing and Addressing Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking (pdf)
- Sexual Harassment Policy (pdf)
- Title IX Athletics Policy
- Temple University Online Policies and Procedures Manual
- Request a copy of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) "Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW" poster
- 2013 Affirmative Action Program (pdf)
- Fall Staff Survey (IPEDS)*
- VETS 100*
* Electronic versions will be available soon. In the interim, feel free to contact the Office of Equal Opportunity Compliance to view these reports or our library of material on equal opportunity
- Tuttleman Counseling Services
- Wellness Resource Center
- College of Liberal Arts Psychological Services Center
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)