Name Change at Temple

Name Change at Temple

Steps to take

Office of the Registrar 215.204.1131
Depending upon your status as a current Temple University employee or as a student listed below, you may submit a request for a Name Change along with appropriate documentation such as:

  • Applicable Court Document
  • Driver's License Passport Marriage Certificate/License U.S.
  • Government ID Card

Please Note: You must provide a Social Security card issued in your new name or proof from the Social Security Office that you have applied for a card with your new name. Social Security Online ( has information and instructions regarding how to update your Social Security Card information and how to find your local Social Security Office.

Students (who are not Temple University Employees) may request an official name change by completing a Student Request for Change of Name on Record and delivering or faxing it, along with the required documentation, to:

Office of the University Registrar

1801 N. Broad Street Conwell Hall, 2nd Floor Philadelphia, PA 19102 Fax: 215-204-6626