There are over 300 registered student organizations through Temple University's Office of Student Activities. Of these 300 organizations, many have a focus on cultural identities.
CULTURAL & ETHNIC ORGANIZATIONS
Below is a brief list of student organizations that represent a variety of intersectionality. Find student organizations and get involved with groups on campus through OwlConnect. This online tool lets you browse the directory by categories and keywords so you easily find organizations of interest.
- Black Student Union(BSU)
- Black Diamonds Union (BDU)
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
- Chabad Jewish Organization (Chabad)
- Chinese Students & Scholars Associaton (CSSA)
- Esencia Latina
- Iranian Students of Temple University (ISTU)
- Muslim Students Association (MSA)
- Owls for Israel
- South Asian Students Society of Temple University (TU SASS)
MULTICULTURAL GREEK COUNCIL
The Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) is the governing body for the 9 culturally-based fraternities and sororities on campus.
- Alpha Sigma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Chi Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Kappa Delta Sorority, Inc.
- Delta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc.
- Iota Nu Delta Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Phi Gamma Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity, Inc.
The Multicultural Greek Council exists to develop and maintain fraternity life and interfraternal relations between all the culturally-based fraternities and sororities. Learn more at https://temple.collegiatelink.net/organization/MGC
NATIONAL PAN-HELLENIC COUNCIL
NPHC serves as the governing council for nine historically African American fraternities and sororities, seven of which are currently represented at Temple University.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc.
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc.
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
NPHC promotes interaction through forums, meetings and other mediums for the exchange of information and engages in cooperative programming and initiatives through various activities and functions.
In addition, the council fosters interaction among its organizations through student leadership development and community service initiatives. For more information about the NPHC and its member chapters, see https://temple.collegiatelink.net/organization/Temple_NPHC.
Temple's alumni micro-communities based on popular interests and experiences include
- Temple University Black Alumni Alliance
- Temple University LGBTQ Society
- Temple University Student Alumni Association
- Temple University Young Alumni