Diversity Peers are voluntary student leaders for Institutional Diversity, Equity, Advocacy and Leadership. Recruitment for this position generally occurs during the spring semester, in which 10-15 undergraduate or graduate students are appointed.
Diversity Peers actively work in unison with the Director of Student Engagement to advocate and provide culturally based programming and dialogues aligned with social justice principles.
Diversity Peers have the following responsibilities:
- Plan programs focused on the theme of diversity, inclusion, and equity
- Facilitate a minimum of (1) workshop(s) focused on diversity, inclusion, and equity per semester
- Attend weekly meetings as a Diversity Peer cohort
- Hold a minimum of (1) office hour at IDEAL
- Provide diversity consultations for the Temple University community
- Serve as a marketing reprsentative for IDEAL
- Availability to attend the 2020 Inclusive Leadership Conference
Diversity Peers are recruited and appointed on an annual basis. We welcome any undergraduate and graduate students to apply once applications opens. Generally, information about the recruitment timeframe is communicated via our social media and/or listservs.
The following are requirements for consideration:
- Full or part time matriculated student
- Must have completed at least 1 year at Temple or another University by the start of the appointment
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.75 GPA
- Have no outstanding student violations
- Be in good academic and financial standing
- Full completion of the Diversity Peer application